|Overseas Toll Free Numbers|
|8000-914-0002||UAE / Toll Free|
|0808-234-6321||UK / Toll Free|
|800-850-0150||Saudi Arabia / Toll Free|
|1-844-682-5260||USA / Toll Free|
|1-844-315-5983||Canada / Toll Free|
|800-90-0561||France / Toll Free|
|Click here for more Countries|
TERMS, CONDITIONS, PASSENGER ADVICE, NOTICE AND LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
If the passenger’s journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention may be applicable and these Conventions govern and in most cases limits the liability of carriers for death or personal injury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage. See also notices headed “Advice to International Passengers on Limitation of Liability” and “Notice of Baggage Liability Limitations”.
Conditions of Contract (Intl.)
- As used in this contract “ticket” means this passenger ticket and baggage check, or this itinerary / receipt if applicable, in the case of an electronic ticket, of which these conditions and the notices form part, “carriage” is equivalent to “transportation”, “carrier” means all air carriers (PIA in this case) that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage, “electronic ticket” means the Itinerary / Receipt issued by or on behalf of Carrier, the Electronic Coupons and , if applicable, a boarding document. “Warsaw Convention” means the Convention for the unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as amended at The Hague, 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable. “Montreal Convention means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International carriage by Air signed at Montreal, 28th May 1999.
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by either the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention unless such carriage is not “International Carriage” as defined by that Convention.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by PIA are subject to: (i) provisions contained in the ticket; (ii) applicable tariffs; (iii) PIA’s condition of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of PIA), except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
- PIA’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in PIA’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables; PIA’s address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of PIA’s name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in PIA’s timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passenger’s route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of PIA shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of PIA and any person whose aircraft is used by PIA for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives
- Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation complaint must be made in writing to PIA forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within 7 days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from date the baggage was delivered.
- This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in PIA’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. PIA may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
- PIA undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. PIA may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. PIA assumes no responsibility for making connections.
- Passengers shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by PIA or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
- No agent, servant or representative of PIA has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
ADVICE TO INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS ON LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Passengers on a journey involving an ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than the country of origin are advised that the provisions of a treaty known as the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to the entire journey, including any portion entirely within the country of origin or destination. For such passengers on a journey to, from or within an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, the Convention and special contracts of carriage embodied in applicable tariffs provide that the liability of PIA, parties to such special contracts, for death of or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to proven damages not to exceed US$75,000 per passenger, and that this liability up to such limit shall not depend on negligence on the part of PIA. For such passengers, travelling by PIA not a party to such special contracts or on a journey not to, from or having an agreed stopping place in the United States of America, liability of PIA for death or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to approximately US$ 10,000 or US$ 20,000.
Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of PIA’s liability under the Warsaw Convention or such special contracts of carriage. For further information please consult your insurance company representative.
Note: the limit of liability of US$ 75000 above is inclusive of legal fees and costs except that in case of a claim brought in a state where provision is made for separate award of legal fees and costs, the limit shall be the sum of US$ 58000 exclusive of legal fees and costs.
NOTICE OF BAGGAGE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
Liability for loss, delay, or damage to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. For most international travel (including domestic portions of international journeys), the extent of PIA liability is US$ 20.00 per kilo for lost checked baggage and US$ 400.00 per passenger for unchecked baggage.
Delayed delivery compensation is paid for a maximum of 3 days to passengers whose baggage fails to arrive at the destination provided that they are not residents in the country where the loss has been registered and the missing baggage contains personal effects.
The carrier will be liable to pay the compensation as per legal liability relating to respective region as per applicable law.
Excess valuation may be declared on certain types of articles. PIA assumes no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable articles. Further information may be obtained from PIA counters.
NOTICE OF GOVERNMENT IMPOSED TAXES, FEES AND CHARGES
The price of this ticket may include taxes, fees and charges which are imposed on air transportation by government authorities. These taxes, fees and charges, which may represent a significant portion of the cost of air travel, are either included in the fare, or shown separately in the “TAX/FEE/CHARGE” box (es) of this ticket. You may also be required to pay taxes, fees and charges not already collected.
The following notice does not apply to tickets sold in the United States for transportation originating in the United States.
DENIED BOARDING BY OVERBOOKING
Passenger (s) shall be eligible for following compensation in the event of denied boarding due to overbooking, except, where local government laws and regulations govern the denied boarding compensation.
In case of denied boarding on an international flight,
- If an alternate flight is arranged within 6 hours, the passenger shall be compensated with an option to avail either a hotel arrangement or an MCO of value equivalent to USD 50/- good for PK services only.
- Beyond 6 hours, a free one-way air ticket on PK in the same class of travel (non-transferable, non-endorsable).
- Free personal messaging facility i.e. phone/fax/e-mail/telex and complimentary meals shall be provided in both the above cases.
The times shown on this ticket or itinerary/receipt if applicable are the departure times of the aircraft. Check-in times, as advised by PIA at the time of booking, or in the airline’s time table, are the latest times at which passengers can be accepted for travel, allowing the necessary time to complete all formalities. Flights can not be held up for passengers arriving late, and no responsibility can be accepted in such cases.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT (DOMESTIC)
- As used in this contract “ticket” means “Passenger Ticket and Baggage Check”, “carriage” is equivalent to “transportation” and “carrier” includes the air carrier issuing this ticket i.e. PIA and all air carriers that carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other services related to such air carriage. For the purposes of the exemption from and limitation of liability provisions set forth or referred to herein, “carrier” includes agents, servants, or representatives of any such air carrier. Carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- (a) Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the carriage by Air Act 1934 (XX of 1934) as adopted and modified for non-international carriage by the Government of Pakistan by Notifications Number SRO(K)/62 dated 14 th March 1962 and SRO 1033(K)/67 dated 25 th May 1967 (hereinafter called “the Act”).
(b) To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing, carriage hereunder and other services performed by PIA are subject to (i) applicable laws, government regulations, orders and requirements, (ii) provisions contained in this ticket; (iii) PIA‘s conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made a part hereof.
(c) It is agreed that Pakistan International Airline’s (PIA) name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in PIA’s tariff or timetables, and for the purpose of the Act, PIA’s address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation PIA’s name in the ticket, and the agreed stopping places(which may be altered by PIA in case of necessity) are those places, except the place of departure and the place of destination, set forth in this ticket and any conjunction ticket issued herewith, or shown in PIA’s timetables as scheduled stopping places on the passengers route.
- (a) PIA is liable for damage sustained in the event of the death or wounding of a passenger or any other bodily injury suffered by a passenger, if the accident which caused the damage so sustained took place on board the aircraft or in the course of any of the operations of embarking or disembarking.
(b) PIA is not liable for any damage directly or indirectly arising out of compliance with laws, government regulations, orders or requirements or from any cause beyond PIA’s control.
(c) Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are approximate and not guaranteed, and form no part of this contract; schedules are subject to change without notice. PIA assumes no responsibility for making connections. PIA may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft and, if it deems advisable because of any fact beyond its control, cancel, terminate, divert, postpone or delay any flight or the further right of passage or reservation of traffic accommodations, and determine any departure of landing should be made, without any liability except to refund in accordance with its tariffs, the fare and baggage charge for any unused portion of the ticket. If, due to certain technical reasons it becomes necessary to off-load some passengers or articles, PIA shall decide in its reasonable discretion which passengers or articles shall be carried.
(d) PIA is not liable if it proves that the carrier or its employees/agents have taken all reasonable measures to avoid the damage or that it was not reasonably possible for PIA to take such measures.
(e) In the carriage of registered luggage, PIA is not liable if its proves that the damage was occasioned by the negligent pilot age or negligence in the handling of the aircraft or in navigation and that, in all other respects, PIA or its employees/agents have taken all necessary measures to avoid the damage.
(f) PIA may be exonerated wholly or partly from its liability if PIA proves that the damage was caused by or contributed by the negligence of the injured person.
(g) In the carriage of passengers, the liability of PIA in respect of injury (including injury resulting in the death of any passenger) is limited to the sum of Rs. 500,000. In the case where damages are awarded in the form of periodical payments, the equivalent capital value of the said payments shall not exceed Rs. 500,000.
(h) In the carriage of registered luggage of which PIA takes charge, the liability of PIA in respect of destruction, loss or damage is limited to the sum of Rs. 500.00 per kg.
- As regards objects of which the passenger takes charge himself, the liability of PIA in respect of destruction, loss or damage is limited to Rs. 10,000 per passenger.
- The right to damages shall be extinguished if an action is not brought within two years, reckoned from the date of arrival at the destination or from the date on which the aircraft ought to have arrived, or from the date on which the carriage stopped.
- Baggage carried hereunder will be delivered to the bearer hereof upon return to PIA of the baggage (claim) tag(s).
- (a) Receipt by the person entitled to delivery of registered luggage without complaint is prima facie evidence that the same has been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the contract of carriage.
(b)In the case of damage, the person entitled to delivery must complain to PIA forthwith after the discovery of the damage, and, at the latest, within three days from the date of receipt in the case of registered luggage. In the case of delay the complaint must be made, at the latest, within fourteen days from the date on which the registered luggage has been placed at his disposal.
(c) Every complaint must be made by notice in writing dispatched within the times aforesaid.
(d) Failing complaint within the times aforesaid, no action shall lie against PIA, save in the case of fraud on his part.
- When validated, a ticket issued at normal one-way, round or circle trip fares is good for carriage from the place of departure to the place of destination via the route shown, shall be valid for one year from the date of commencement of flight, or, if no portion of the ticket is used, from the date of issue thereof, except as otherwise provided in PIA’s conditions of carriage. Each flight coupon will be accepted for passage on the date and flight for which accommodations are reserved: when flight coupons are issued on an “Open-Date” basis, accommodations will be reserved upon application, subject to availability of space.
- (a) In the case of combined carriage performed partly by air and partly by any other mode of carriage, the provisions of this contract apply only to the carriage by air.
(b) Nothing in this contract shall prevent the parties in the case of combined carriage from agreeing to special conditions relating to other mode of carriage, provided that the provisions of this contract are observed as regards the carriage by air.
- The passenger shall comply with all government travel requirements, present all exit, entry, and other documents required by law, and arrive at the airport by the time fixed by PIA or, if no time is fixed, sufficiently in advance of flight departure to permit completion of government formalities and departure procedures. PIA is not liable for loss or expenses due to passenger’s failure to comply with this provision.
- No agent, servant or representative of PIA has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
- Any provision contained in the contract and all special agreements entered into before the damage occurred by which the parties purport to infringe any of these rules by deciding the law to be applied shall be null and void.
- Nothing contained in this contract shall prevent the carrier either from refusing to enter into any contract of carriage, or from making stipulations which do not conflict with the provisions of this contract.
For safety reasons, dangerous goods as defined in the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, such as those listed below, shall not be carried in or as passenger checked or carry-on baggage.
Compressed gases- (Deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous) such as butane, oxygen, liquid nitrogen, aqualung cylinders, compressed gas cylinders, Aqualungs.
Corrosive: Such as acids, alkalis, mercury and wet cell batteries.
Explosives, munitions, fireworks and flares, Hand gun, Ammunition including blank cartridges, Fireworks, Pistol caps.
Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter fuel, MATCHES, paints, thinners, fire-lighters, lighters that need inverting before ignition. Matches may be carried on the person.
Brief cases and attaché cases with installed alarm devices
Oxidizing materials, such as bleaching power, peroxides
Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides, weed-killers and live virus materials.
Other dangerous articles such as magnetized materials, offensive or irritating materials.
Long Delays/Cancellation of Flights (Domestic)
- Repeated information regarding the delay flight status will be communicated to passengers at reasonable intervals through personal interaction as well as through the lounge and central announcements/flight display system.
- Alternate reservations will be provided to passengers misconnecting their onward flights.
In case of flight cancellation, the shift Station Manager will ensure the following:
- Passengers are properly guided.
- Passengers are guided for change of their VCR status and handed over their baggage.
In case of flight Delays/cancellation, Hotel accommodation is provided only to transit passengers. The joining passengers are not entitled for such lay over.
Passengers will be served light refreshments and/or meals as per following:-
- Delay up to 02 hours Refreshment at airport restaurant
- Delay from 02 to08 hours Meal as per time of the day
- Delay beyond 08 hours Hotel accommodation (only transiting passengers).
Denied Boarding (Domestic)
- If an alternate flight is arranged within 4 hours, no compensation.
- Beyond 4 hours, passenger shall be upgraded to next higher class subject to space availability.
- Free personal messaging facility i.e. phone/fax/e-mail/telex and complimentary meals.
The fare in this ticket is subject to change prior to commencement of travel.
PIA reserves the right to refuse carriage of any person who has acquired a ticket in violation of applicable laws of PIA’s tariffs, rules or regulations.
PIA imposes administrative fees against tickets submitted voluntary by passenger for reissue or refund. Further information may be obtained from PIA offices/website.
PIA imposes cancellation charges. Further information may be obtained from PIA offices/website.
Electronic tickets will only be refunded within 12 months of the original issue date. However, the ticket can be reissued / rerouted within 06 months of the original issue date.