|Overseas Toll Free Numbers|
|8000-914-0002||UAE / Toll Free|
|0808-234-6321||UK / Toll Free|
|800-850-0150||Saudi Arabia / Toll Free|
|1-844-682-5260||USA / Toll Free|
|1-844-315-5983||Canada / Toll Free|
|800-90-0561||France / Toll Free|
|Click here for more Countries|
PIA Speedex - Rules
The following items are prohibited and will not be carried by PIA Speedex:
- Cash, Prize Bonds/Defence Saving Certificates, Negotiable Bonds, Antiques, Open/Bearer Cheques, Works of Art, Bullion, Jewelry, Negotiable Instruments, Stamps, Precious Metals/Stones
- Liquor, Drugs, Loose Powder, Narcotics, Heroin
- Dyes, Oily Stuff, Gums, Pastes, Magnetic Metals/Material, Liquid, Grease, Glues, Any Equipment With Battery Cells
- Fire Arms and Explosives
Terms and Conditions
By tendering materials for shipment via SPEEDEX COURIER or PART & PARCEL TRANSIT SERVICE, the shipper agrees to the terms and conditions stated herein and to SPEEDEX’s STANDARD CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE which are incorporated info this contract for reference and which are available from or for inspection at any SPEEDEX office, agent or employee of SPEEDEX. In these terms & conditions, overnight delivery shall be construed to mean delivery on the working day falling immediately after the day on which the consignment is booked.
1. THE CONSIGNMENT NOTE
The SPEEDEX consignment note is NON NEGOTIABLE and the shipper acknowledges that it has been prepared by the shipper or by SPEEDEX on behalf of the shipper. The shipper warrants that it is the owner of the goods transported hereunder or it is the authorized agent of the owner of the goods and that it hereby accepts SPEEDEX’s terms & conditions for itself and as agent for and on behalf of any other person having any interest in the shipment.
2. SHIPPER’S OBLIGATIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
The shipper warrants that each article in the shipment is properly described in the Consignment Note and has not been declared by SPEEDEX to be unacceptable for transportation and that the shipment is properly marked and addressed and packed to ensure safe transportation with ordinary care and handling.
The shipper hereby acknowledges that SPEEDEX may abandon and/or release any item consigned by the shipper to SPEEDEX which SPEEDEX has declared to be unacceptable as determined under Section 11 hereof or misdescribed whether intentionally or otherwise without incurring any liability whatsoever to the shipper and the shipper will save and defend, indemnify, and hold SPEEDEX harmless from all claims of damages, fines and expenses to the shipper or warehousing the shipment pending disposition.
3. RIGHT OF INSPECTION OF SHIPMENT
SPEEDEX has the right but not the obligation to inspect any shipment, including, without limitation opening the shipment.
4. LIEN ON GOODS SHIPPED
SPEEDEX shall have a lien on any goods shipped for all freight charges, octroi duties, advances or other charges of any kind arising out of the transportation hereunder and may refuse to surrender possession of the goods until surcharges are paid.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The liability of SPEEDEX for any loss or damage to the shipment (which term shall include all documents or parcels consigned to SPEEDEX under Consignment Note) is limited to the lesser of
- Rs. 100, or
- The amount of loss or damage to a document or parcel actually sustained, or
- The actual value of the document or parcel as determined under Section 6 hereof, without regard to its commercial utility or special value to the shipper.
6. ACTUAL VALUE
- The Actual Value of a document (which term shall include any item of no commercial value which is transported hereunder) shall be ascertained by reference to its cost of preparation or replacement, reconstruction or reconstitution value at the time and place of shipment whichever is less.
- The Actual Value of a parcel (which item shall include any item of no commercial value which is transported hereunder) shall be ascertained by reference to its cost of repair or replacement, resale or fair market value at the time and place of shipment, whichever is less. In no event shall such value exceed the original cost of the article actually paid by the shipper plus 10 %
7. CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EXCLUDED
SPEEDEX shall not be liable, in any event for consequential or special damages or other indirect loss however arising whether or not SPEEDEX had knowledge that such damage might be incurred, including but not limited to loss of income, profit, interest, utility or loss of market.
8. LIABILITIES NOT ASSUMED
While SPEEDEX will endeavor to exercise its best efforts to provide expeditious delivery in accord with regular delivery schedules, SPEEDEX WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR DELAYS IN PICK UP, TRANSPORTATION, OR DELIVERY OF ANY SHIPMENT REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF SUCH DELAYS. Further, SPEEDEX shall not be liable for any loss, damage, delivery or non delivery:
- The nature of the shipment for any defect, characteristic, or inherent vice thereof.
- Caused by:
- The act, default or omission of the shipper, the consignee or any other party who claims an interest in the shipment, including violation of any term or condition hereof or of any person other than SPEEDEX or any Government Official, or of the Postal Services, or other entity or person to whom a shipment is tendered by SPEEDEX for transportation to any location not regularly served by SPEEDEX, regardless of whether the shipper reported or had knowledge of such third party delivery arrangements.
- The nature of the shipment for any defect, characteristic inherent, vice, thereof.
- Electrical or magnetic injury, erasure or other such damage to electronic or photographic images or recording in any form.
- Any query or claim must be brought by the shipper and delivered in writing to the office of SPEEDEX nearest the location at which the shipment was accepted within 30 days of the date of such acceptance. No claim or query shall be entertained by SPEEDEX if received beyond the said period of 30 days
- No claim for loss or damage will be entertained until all transportation charges have been paid
- SPEEDEX does not maintain records relevant to a shipment for more than 3 months from its date of booking
These terms and conditions shall apply to and insure to the benefit of SPEEDEX, and its authorized and affiliated companies, and their officers, directors and employees.
MATERIALS NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR TRANSPORTATION
SPEEDEX will not carry the following:
Works of Art
Negotiable instruments in bearer from, lewd, obscene or pornographic materials. Industrial carbons and diamonds. IATA restricted articles, including hazardous or combustible materials. Propety, the carriage of which prohibited by any law regulation or status of any Provincial or Federal Government of Pakistan.
NON-COMPLIANCE WITH PAKISTAN POST OFFICES ACT 1898, SPEEDEX WILL NOT ACCEPT LETTERS OR POST CARDS AS, THEIR CARRIAGE IS THE EXCLUSIVE PRIVILEGE OF THE GOVERNMENT
- At the request of the shipper and upon payment therefore, SPEEDEX will arrange insurance on behalf of the shipper
- The insurance coverage shall be governed by all the terms and conditions contained in the policy of insurance issued by the insurance company
- Consequential damages and loss or damages resulting from delay of transportation are covered by any sue policy of insurance.