UPDATE ON PIA FLIGHT PK-8303/22ND MAY, 2020
PIA aircraft AP-BLD operating domestic flight PK-8303/22May2020, sector Lahore-Karachi had tragic crash approaching Karachi Airport. Total 91 passengers and 08 crew were on board. 97 passengers lost their lives whereas two survived.
We express our deep sorrow to all victim families and share their grief on the demise of all loved ones and pray that May Allah SWT rests the departed souls in eternal peace and reward place in Paradise. We feel that it is our duty to share the following details as of April 29, 2022.
- 66 cases cases of victims have been settled in terms of final payment as compensation/insurance.
- 27 cases of ground victims' moveable properties have been settled.
- 20 Immoveable property cases settled.
- PIA facilitated victim families for their traveling to DNA identify/collect human remains.
- International / domestic tickets of PIA & other airlines were provided.
- Foreign guests were facilitated by providing boarding/lodging at Airport Hotel, Karachi.
- Total processed items : 813
- Items handed over to victim families : 378
- Remaining items available with PIA : 435*
- *Families may collect item(s) from us after identification during working days from 10:00 – 17:00 hrs.
- Recovered Currency including mutilated notes is available with us.
Governor Sindh / PIA Management / CEO Meetings with Victim Families
- 06th October 2020 - Crew Victim Families through Video Link
- 11th October 2020 - Victim Families through Video Link
- 15th November 2020 - Victim Families - Auditorium of PIA Training Center, Karachi
- 05th January 2021 - Victim Families through Video Link
- 10th February 2021 - Governor House Sindh
- 19th March 2021 - Governor House Sindh
- 03th April 2021 - Governor House Sindh
- 10th June 2021 - Governor House Sindh
1. Case Number
2. Case Tile
5. Next date of Hearing
Payments to Ground Victim Families
04 cases settled
01 awaiting Succession Certificate
All families who have not yet submitted their Succession Guardianship Certificates are requested to furnish the same for prompt processing at our end so that insurance claims are finalized soonest possible.
For any query, please contact:
PIA Emergency Response Center (ERC)
1st Floor, PIA Corporate Safety Building