In case of receipt of Damaged Baggage, the complaint should be reported to the airline representative at the airport of your destination immediately after the arrival of your flight, before leaving the baggage claim area, register your complaint and get a file reference number.
PIA will assess the filed complaint in terms of baggage's degree, factors, and depreciation rates and will pay compensation. However, PIA will not be liable for the damage of any baggage caused by:
- Defects in the material of baggage itself or ageing after use.
- Minor dents, cuts, scratches, scuffs, dents, dirt and stains.
- Protruding parts such as cover/straps/hooks/belts, zipper & lock.
- Damage due to over-packing or inadequate packing of baggage
- Damage or pilferage resulting from a random search by the airport security agencies for safety inspection of a country of origin/destination/ transit.