Updates on Travel Advisories and Requirements due to COVID-19 outbreak
Last updated: Sep 23, 2021
Dear Valued Customers,
Due to the situation of the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) outbreak globally, our regular international flight operations have been affected. We are working closely with authorities and we aim to gradually return to regular flight operations as soon as circumstances allow.
It is mandatory to provide personal contact information at the time of booking for all flights. Travel requirements and restrictions to your destination countries will be updated here.
Effective October 1, 2021, Only fully vaccinated passengers of age 17 years and above will be allowed to undertake Domestic/International travel on Inbound/Outbound travel to/from Pakistan. PCAA Advisory
1. TRAVELLING TO PAKISTAN
Prior to traveling to Pakistan, passengers must ensure the following requirements:
Pakistan CAA issued Travel Advisory, has made PCR Test mandatory for ALL Inbound Passenger to Pakistan and in case any airline transport any passenger without RT-PCR test then the airline shall be liable to financial & administrative penalties as per Civil Aviation Rules.
Provision of information through the PASS TRACK app is also mandatory for all passengers traveling to Pakistan have to download and install the PASS TRACK app from the Google Play Store / Apple Store and enter their personal details as required.
Passengers should ensure that they have uploaded their information on the app or have a printed copy of uploaded information generated by the app prior to the issuance of boarding passes at the point of original embarkation.
PCR test conducted within the 72 hours prior to commencement of travel to Pakistan and following passengers shall be exempted from both RT-PCR testing and PASS TRACK app uploading requirement:
- Children below 6 years.
- Disabled passengers.
- High-level international delegations
- Pakistani Deportees and Crew shall only be exempted from Pak Pass Track App, however, RTPCR / Rapid Antigen Test shall be mandatory.
Passengers traveling to Pakistan from any country will be required to present an RT-PCR test before commencement of travel, conducted within the 72 hours prior to commencement of travel to Pakistan.
All Inbound passengers of age 06 years and above will be required to have a valid negative PCR Test conducted in 72Hrs prior to commencement of travel to Pakistan.
All arriving passengers of age 06 years and above will be tested through Rapid Antigen Testing upon arrival in Pakistan.
Positive testing passengers between ages of 6 and 12 years will be Home Quarantined under the supervision of concerned Civil administration and 12 and above will be quarantined at a designated facility as per the procedure.
Category C Countries (Attached) are banned except for those given exemption by the NCOC exemption committee.
Download and install the PASS TRACK app on a smartphone, available on Google and Apple playstore, and add enter personal details within 48 hours before arriving in Pakistan. Alternatively, passengers who do not have a smartphone can enter their details on the web portal: https://passtrack.nitb.gov.pk/login.
As per the Ministry of National Health Services, other COVID-19 tests that can be equivalent to RT-PCR tests are also allowed. Complete list available here.
All passengers are required to fill in the Personal Declaration of Origin and Health form and hand it over to the Health Department Staff present at the airport upon arrival.
Traveling from BAHRAIN to PAK
Pakistan CAA approved PCR Labs for passengers traveling from Bahrain to Pakistan
Traveling from UAE to PAK
Pakistan CAA approved PCR Labs for passengers traveling from UAE to Pakistan
2. TRAVELLING TO AFGHANISTAN
Passengers must have a negative PCR test report (test taken at least 96 hours prior). List of acceptable labs with barcodes clicks here. Passengers must carry 02 printed copies of COVID-19 test certificate (SMS, WhatsApp / digital certificates are not acceptable). Passengers ensure that the lab certificate must have details e.g. Destination, Test Type, Report Validity and the same bears the stamp or signature. Children below 12 years of age are exempt.
3. TRAVELLING TO BAHRAIN
Effective September 3, 2021, only the below mentioned passengers will be permitted to enter the Kingdom of Bahrain.
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter Bahrain unless they are:
- Bahraini citizens
- GCC citizens who do not require visas
- Passengers who reside in Bahrain
- Passengers with a valid EVISA granted prior to boarding
- Passengers who are eligible for visas on arrival
- This does not apply to airline crew
- This does not apply to military personnel
2. Visas on arrival are suspended for expatriate residents of the GCC unless they are nationals of a country eligible for visas on arrival. (Pakistan is still not eligible)
3. Fully vaccinated passengers arriving from non-red list countries, holding a valid certificate issued by public health authorities in the gulf cooperation council (GCC) and who are eligible for visas on arrival are accepted upon entry to Bahrain.
- Pre-arrival PCR tests are no longer required for those entering the Kingdom of Bahrain from non-Red List countries whose vaccination certificates are recognized (only vaccinated in BAH).
- All passengers arriving in the Kingdom of Bahrain will still have to take PCR tests on arrival and on the fifth and tenth days after their stay and the total cost will be BHD 36 for these tests.
4. Travelers intending to enter Bahrain are encouraged to review their eligibility for a visa on-arrival prior to departure on the following link: www.evisa.gov.bh
5. Non-vaccinated passengers and passengers without a valid vaccination certificate recognized by the government of Bahrain are required to present a negative test certificate with a QR code for a PCR test administered within 72 hours of their departure.
6. Health Declaration Form is mandatory for all the passengers arriving in Bahrain. Passengers should fill this form before departure from Pakistan.
8. Passengers are also required to quarantine for 10 days at a government designated hotel licensed by the national health regulatory authority (NHRA) or at their residence.
9. Passengers must present proof of a prepaid reservation in their name for a designated quarantine facility before boarding a flight to Bahrain.
10. Passengers that elect to quarantine in their own residence must provide proof of a residence, either owned or leased by the passenger or an immediate family member before boarding.
11. All costs associated with mandatory testing and quarantine are borne by the traveler.
List of BAH Govt. Designated Quarantine Facilities
4. TRAVELLING TO CANADA
- Effective September 7, 2021: All other foreign nationals who qualify for the fully vaccinated traveler exemption.
For complete inform visit weblink: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna (mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
To qualify for the fully vaccinated traveler exemption, you must:
- be eligible to enter Canada on the specific date you enter
- have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines
- have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to the day you enter Canada
- Example: if your last dose was anytime on Thursday July 1st, then Friday July 16th would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition
- upload your proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN
- meet all other entry requirements (for example, pre-entry test)
At this time, there are no exemptions from testing or quarantine for travelers who haven't received the full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada.
Fully vaccinated passengers may qualify for certain exemptions from quarantine and testing requirements. For further information, refer to the Official Government Website
As of August 9, 2021, fully vaccinated travelers who are permitted to enter Canada will no longer need to take the Day 1 COVID‑19 test on arrival unless randomly selected at the airport. Moreover, the three‑night hotel stay at a government-authorized hotel will no longer be required for all travelers.
Pre‑departure testing is still required for fully vaccinated travelers.
Vaccinated passengers are required to upload proof of vaccination on the most recent version of the ArriveCAN app. Evidence of fully vaccinated status must be shown at departure. Please refer to the Official Government Website for further information on entry requirements for fully vaccinated passengers.
Passengers are considered fully vaccinated if they meet the below conditions:
- have received the full series of an accepted COVID‑19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines
- have received the last required dose at least 14 days prior to entering Canada
For more details and information on accepted vaccines, please visit the Official Government Website
Passengers arriving in Canada may be subject to COVID‑19 measures or fines imposed by the provincial or territorial government for failure to comply with any protocols or regulations related to the management of the spread of the COVID‑19 virus. Fines may also be imposed if they provide health check information that they know to be false or misleading.
There are specific entry requirements for travel to Canada during the pandemic. Check the details Here before you fly.
Travelers must provide proof of a negative COVID‑19 molecular test taken up to 72 hours before their scheduled departure time. List of acceptable labs with barcodes Clicks Here
Travelers must have a face mask on before boarding and wear a mask on board at all times
Travelers must comply with any instructions given by a gate agent or a crew member with respect to wearing a mask
Travelers must upload all relevant information on the most recent version of the ArriveCAN app and present proof of it.
Travelers will still be required to complete the 14‑day quarantine. However, travelers exempted from quarantine must be fully vaccinated by Health Canada’s approved vaccine ( Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssens Johnson & Johnson)
Passengers will be required to submit to a health check and answer the following questions at check‑in. Passengers may not be permitted to board depending on the response to the health questions.
- Do you exhibit a fever and a cough or fever and breathing difficulties?
- Do you suspect that you have COVID‑19?
- Have you been denied permission to board an aircraft in the previous 14 days for a medical reason related to COVID‑19?
COVID‑19 testing requirements
All international passengers from the age of 5 years and above who are traveling to Canada are required to complete a COVID‑19 PCR test 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure to Canada for nucleic acid (PCR), serum IgM antibody and IgG antibody sampling test.
- Refer to this Link for information on accepted COVID‑19 tests.
- The 72-hour timeline is from the date the test is taken, and not when the result is issued.
- The 72-hour timeline is applicable from departure to arrival in Canada
Passengers who have previously tested positive for COVID‑19 are required to provide proof of a positive COVID‑19 molecular test conducted between 14 and 90 days prior to departure, instead of a negative COVID‑19 molecular test.
Please Click Here for further information on travel restrictions, exemptions and advice.
Please Click Here for further information on quarantine exemptions.
5. TRAVELLING TO CHINA
Effective August 31, 2021, Foreign passengers (valid visas or residence permit holders only, for reference CLICK HERE) are required to take the following procedures to apply for the Health Declaration Code (HDC code or green code) to fly from Islamabad to China.
- Take 21-28 days pre-test and 48hrs sample collection at the designated institutions instead of the Chinese Embassy.
- Test requirements
(1) Take 21-28 days pre-test of both nucleic acid and IgG, IgM anti-bodies tests in 1 of the 3 designated institutions. (For example, 28 days before 29th Sept. is 1st Sept., 21 days before 29th Sept. is 8th Sept.)
(2) Take twice sample collections at the same time in 2 of the 3 designated institutions within 48 hours before boarding.
(3) Get pre-test and sample collection reports from the testing institutions directly instead of email to the Chinese embassy. Time for 48 hours samples collection for Passengers of PK854: 7:00 on Thursday - 12:00 pm on Thursday.
a. Time for submitting documents for HDC code (no need to wait for the sample collection results)
Passengers of PK854: 7:00 on Thursday - 17:00 on Thursday.
b. . Time for issuing HDC code (uploading the required documents later than the deadline may result in failure of application) Passengers of PK854: 8:30-12:00 pm; 14:30-16:30 on Friday
c. Tips for application
(1) Quarantine commitment requirement. 21-28 days closed-loop quarantine before boarding should be conducted right after the pretest. When applying for the health code, a commitment letter or relevant certificate issued by the enterprise or the passengers are required, including name, passport number, time, location and vehicle.
(2) Upload the following documents.
- Valid Chinese visa/ Residence permit
- 21-28 days pre-test PCR report
- 21-28 days pre-test antibody report (IgG, IgM)
- Vaccination card (if vaccinated)
- Quarantine commitment
- Chinese clinic diagnosis final report (if asked to be diagnosed by red code)
(3) Designated institutions (only the head institutions and branches in the Islamabad region are accepted):
- Islamabad Diagnostic Centre, Pakland Square, G-8 Markaz, Islamabad. Contact Numbers: 051-111000432, 0311-1000432, 0343-8530001, 0343-8530002.
- Global Clinical Care- Diagnostic Centre, Office 6-7, Khalid Plaza, 38-W, Block A, D-Chowk, Jinnah Avenue, G-6/3, Blue Area, Islamabad. Contact Numbers: 051-2120802-3, 0333-5730149.
- Excel Labs Pvt Ltd., 110-Reshi building, blue area, Islamabad. Contact Numbers: 051-8311000, 0300-0506380.
- Chinese Clinic for diagnosis (only be accepted after getting a reminder for diagnosis along with a red code). Contact Number: 051-2103449, 051-8496178
* Around 10,000 Rs. per institution (including tests of nucleic acid, IgG, IgM), please confirm with the institution directly.
Inquiry Time: Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 12:00 pm, and 14:30 to 16:30 (except holidays)
The present notice will come into force from the date of promulgation. In case any discrepancy exists between the previous notifications and the present notice, the latter shall prevail.
6. TRAVELLING TO FRANCE
Passengers traveling from Pakistan will be allowed to enter France only for the reasons mentioned in the International Circulation Attestation form. They also commit to respect a 10 days quarantine or isolation measure notified at their arrival, presenting the supporting documents to the air carrier. Proof of their vaccination status; A sworn undertaking to self-isolate for seven days, and another sworn undertaking to take a biological virological screening test (PCR) at the end of the isolation period.
Following documents are required prior to boarding flight:
- Negative PCR or antigenic test no more than 48 hours prior to departure (departure of the first flight in case of connecting flights).
- Statement of Declaration that passenger does not show any symptom of COVID-19 and have no knowledge of being in contact with a COVID-19 case within 14 days before the flight.
- Public Health Passenger Locator form for contact information.
- International Circulation Attestation form to declare the purpose of travel to France.
PIA may subject passengers to temperature checks before boarding and will require passengers over 11 years of age to wear face masks.
Passengers wishing to travel to Metropolitan France must present the Certificate (Click Here) to the transport companies before boarding and to the border control authorities.
Failure to do so shall result in the passenger being denied boarding or access to the territory. Additionally, the following must be presented:
1) A sworn statement certifying the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and absence of any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
2) A sworn statement to take an antigenic test or possibly undergo screening upon arrival.
3) A sworn statement to self-isolate for seven days, if necessary, in one of the facilities designated by the French authorities, along with a sworn statement to undergo a virological screening (PCR) test at the end of the isolation period.
4) For persons aged 11 years or more, Negative PCR or antigenic test no more than 48 hours prior to departure (departure of the first flight in case of connecting flights).
5) List of acceptable labs with barcodes clicks here. Passengers must carry 02 printed copies of the COVID-19 test certificate (SMS, whatsapp / digital certificates are not acceptable). Passengers ensure that the lab certificate must have details e.g. Destination, Test Type, Report Validity and the same bears the stamp or signature.
7. TRAVELLING TO IRAQ
Effective September 17, 2021, Kindly follow Pakistan CAA Advisory for Arbaeen
- Passengers traveling to Baghdad (BGW) must have a printed negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The test result must be in Arabic or English.
- This does not apply to passengers younger than 10 years. They will be subject to a COVID-19 PCR test on arrival.
- Passengers traveling to Najaf (NJF) must have a printed negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The test result must be in English.
- Test results of Labs, acceptable for UAE/Gulf, will also be acceptable for Iraq.
8. TRAVELLING TO KENYA
Travel advisory updated on July 28, 2021, on IATA Published link https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php/ for passengers traveling to Kenya.
- Passengers arriving from or who in the past 14 days have been in or transited through India are not allowed to enter (This does not apply to nationals and residents of Kenya).
- Passengers entering or transiting through Kenya must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 96 hours before arrival. The test result must be in English (This does not apply to passengers younger than 5 years).
- Passengers must complete the "Travelers Health Surveillance Form" online at https://ears.health.go.ke/airline_registration/. This will generate a QR code which must be presented upon arrival.
- Passengers could be subject to quarantine. A list of quarantine exemptions can be found at https://www.kcaa.or.ke/covid-19/quarantine-exempted-states
- Passengers are subject to medical screening.
- Nationals and residents of Kenya arriving from or who in the past 14 days have been in or transited through India are subject to a COVID-19 antigen test upon arrival.
9. TRAVELLING TO KOREA
All passengers traveling to Korea must have a negative PCR (COVID-19) test.
List of acceptable labs with barcodes clicks here. Passengers must carry 02 printed copies of COVID-19 test certificate (SMS, whatsapp / digital certificates are not acceptable). Passengers ensure that lab certificate must have details e.g. Destination, Test Type, Report Validity and same bears the stamp or signature.
10. TRAVELLING TO KUWAIT
Prior to boarding the flight, passengers must follow these procedures:
1- Download and sign in to the Shlonik app, available on Google and Apple playstores.
2- Must hold negative PCR test taken up to 96 hours prior to arrival in Kuwait.
3- List of acceptable labs with barcodes clicks here. Passengers must carry 02 printed copies of COVID-19 test certificate (SMS, whatsapp / digital certificates are not acceptable). Passengers ensure that lab certificate must have details e.g. Destination, Test Type, Report Validity and same bears the stamp or signature.
Further requirements are:
- Passengers to carry their PNR/booking reference, passport copy, CNIC, when visiting testing centers/labs, and contact PIA offices for confirmation of their test results.
- Cost of the PCR test and certificate will be borne by the passenger.
- Infants and children under 12 years are exempted from PCR testing if they are fit to travel and traveling with their parents who have tested negative.
All passengers traveling to Kuwait from Pakistan are subject to 14-days home quarantine after arrival.
11. TRAVELLING TO KYRGYZSTAN
PIA is operating special charter flights from Islamabad & Lahore to Bishkek. Pakistani citizens who hold any valid visa (student/visit/work) can travel to Bishkek.
All passengers must have a negative PCR test taken within 72 hrs. List of acceptable labs with barcodes clicks here. Passengers must carry 02 printed copies of COVID-19 test certificate (SMS, WhatsApp / digital certificates are not acceptable). Passengers ensure that lab certificate must have details e.g. Destination, Test Type, Report Validity and the same bears the stamp or signature. Which can be checked and verified by Kyrgyz authorities.
For booking and ticketing, passengers can contact M/S Educational Advisor Bishkek on the following contact numbers:
00971 - 523244474
00996- 709129905 / 700134458 / 704291246 / 501786786 / 709129905 / 508900400 / 555021718
12. TRAVELLING TO UZBEKISTAN
All Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test result. The test must have been taken at most 72 hours before the departure of the flight to Uzbekistan.
The test result must be in English or Russian (NIH approved Test Lab having BAR / QR Code are acceptable), List of acceptable labs with barcodes clicks here
PCR exemption is for infants only (i.e. less than 2 years old).
13. TRAVELLING TO MALAYSIA
Effective Sep 23, 2021, the Malaysian Government has withdrawn restrictions imposed on Pakistan.
PASSENGER/VISA CATEGORY ALLOW TO ENTER MALAYSIA
The following categories are hereby allowed to enter in Malaysia without approval from the Immigration of Malaysia.
- Malaysian Citizen
- Seafarers who need to sign-on/sign-off the ship and having GL
- Pilots and cabin crew of commercial and private airlines who are entering as crew or passengers provided that they present a General Declaration for the next flight operation.
The following categories are hereby ALLOW to enter Malaysia with approval from the Immigration of Malaysia.
a) Malaysian PR
b) Malaysia MY 2nd Home (MM2H) pass holder
c) Diplomats based in Malaysia and their dependents who have been issued with Exemption Order. Diplomats who have not been issued with the Pass (first-time entry) or currently reside in other countries such as holders of United Nations (UN) passport, World Health Organization (WHO), United Nation Development Programs (UNDP), will ALSO need to obtain an entry approval from the Director General of Immigration.
- All expatriates (including Categories I, II, III, RP-T, PVP & dependents)
- Maid Visa for above expatriates
- Spouse Visa with Long Term Pass
- Professional crew and workers in the oil and gas industry already have a valid pass.
All categories mentioned above who wish to enter Malaysia may submit the entry permission request 𝘃𝗶𝗮
𝗠𝗬𝗘𝗻𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗺 https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/ or
MY Travel Pass https://mtp.imi.gov.my/myTravelPass/main .
SEVEN (07) CONDITIONS TO AVAILING TRANSIT FACILITY AT KUL
1) The Connecting flight shall be within 24hrs from Inbound Flight. (Accepting passengers more than 24hrs connecting will resulting KUL Immigration withdrawing Transit Facility for the concerned Airlines)
2) Passengers are NOT ALLOWED to clear Immigration or any similar formalities at KUL. (Transit to Air Asia or other low cost carrier is not allowed as its will be operating from different Terminal at KLIA2.)
3) Must confirm that NO RESTRICTION is imposed at the onward country where the passengers are traveling /transiting to. (Most of South East Asia Country such as SG, ID,TH, BN etc.. don’t have transit facility)
4) Must ensure that the connecting carrier /Airline is still operating out of KUL. (as 90% of Airlines suspend their flight during Pandemic)
5) Must ensure that the pax holding a CONFIRMED booking on the next connecting flight.
6) Pax MUST remain at the transit area or transit hotel (more than 12-24hrs transit) while waiting for onward flight.
7) Check-in baggage must be checked thru to the final onward destination.
For Transit Passenger to China
Due to the NEW requirement of China, Please DO NOT accept PASSENGERs for transiting at KUL for travel to China as we don't have the facilities for RTK & PCR tests in transit at KUL.
Quarantine Charges has been revised as hereunder,
(on 18th Day)
With effect from 27th September 2021, For Passengers who have completed their 2nd Dosage Covid-19 Vaccination, the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) will grant Home Quarantine for 14-21 days after Risk Assessment done by MOH.
Procedure to avail Home Quarantine Facility, (Home Surveillance Order - HSO)
- Malaysians and non – Malaysians alike arriving into the country will be considered for home quarantine.
- RT- PCR COVID 19 test is to be undertaken at least 3 days before departure. Only those tested negative are allowed to proceed for travel to Malaysia.
- An application for home quarantine is to be made via MOH portal https://ecovid19.moh.gov.my/outbreak-portal-hqa/indexprior departure.
- A risk assessment will be undertaken by MOH on each applicant taking into account vaccination status, likelihood of reinfection, suitability of private residence for home Quarantine etc.
- Private residences will only be considered for home quarantine for Malaysian and non – Malaysian applicants provided the following conditions are met:
- The applicant has a home in Malaysia.
- The applicant has a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test.
- The applicant is fully vaccinated. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated.
- 14 days after their second dose for double dose vaccines and 28 days after their vaccination for single-dose vaccines.
- Submission of required info about the home detailed in point 2 of “Lampiran A” on page 5 of the attachment for MOH’s assessment.
- All Travellers are required to download and complete their health declaration on the mysejahteraapp.
- All Travellers are required to scan the QR code for “overseas arrivals” on their mysejahteraapp on arrival.
- All Travellers are required to undertake an RT=PCT COVID 19 test on arrival. Cost of test to be borne by the traveler. Further action will be taken accordingly on those found asymptomatic or with light or severe symptoms.
- Malaysian and non – Malaysians not adhering to the above procedures will undertake their quarantine in a facility determined by the Government.
- The period of mandatory quarantine is 14 days with a further extension to 7 days depending on the results of a risk assessment undertaken on the traveler on the 14thday.
- Those accorded home quarantine will be deemed as Persons under Surveillance
(PUS) and will be issued with a wristband and digital tracker which they are required to wear during the quarantine period.
- Each PUS is required to conduct a daily self-assessment for 14 days via the Home Assessment Tool (HAT) found in mysejahtera.
- If PUS displays any symptoms during the quarantine period, the PUS is required to report to the nearest health facility for a health assessment. Costs of any subsequent COVID tests required will be borne by the PUS.
- PUS in Home quarantine is required to retake the RT – PCR COVID 19 test on the 10thday of quarantine or on the 18thday for those whose quarantine has been extended to 21 days ( 14 + further 7day extension). If results are negative, PUS will be issued with a “Release Order (RO) “on the 14th day of quarantine via mysejahtera. Applications for hard copies of the RO can be made at the nearest health office. Wristbands may also be removed at the nearest health office.
- Vaccination: World Health Organization(WHO) recognized vaccines are acceptable to enter in Malaysia.
- PCR Test: All Pakistan Recognized LABs reports are acceptable. No such restrictions for any specified LABs.
- Effective October 1, 2021, Only fully vaccinated passengers of age 17 years and above will be allowed to undertake Domestic/International travel on Inbound/Outbound travel to/from Pakistan.
14. TRAVELLING TO OMAN
- Effective Sep 3, 2021, All Omani citizens, residents of Oman, visa holders of Oman including visit visas are allowed to enter the Sultanate in accordance with the pre-COVID-19 system.
- All passengers arriving at the Sultanate are required to present a COVID-19 vaccine certificate containing a QR Code stating that they have received two doses of any COVID-19 vaccine approved in Oman Pfizer BioNTech, Oxford AstraZeneca, Covishield AstraZeneca, Sputnik, Sinovac, Moderna, and Sinopharm, or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson. The last dose is required to have been received not less than fourteen (14) days ahead of the estimated arrival time.
- All passengers arriving at the Sultanate that present a pre-travel negative result COVID-19 PCR test are exempted from quarantine, The COVID-19 PCR test shall indicate the medical test result which can be validated and certified with a QR Code and the test shall be conducted within seventy-two (72) hours prior to the scheduled time of arrival in the Sultanate.
List of acceptable labs clicks here.
- All passengers arriving at the Sultanate without holding a negative COVID-19 PCR test in accordance with paragraph number (3) of this circular are subject to a COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival where after the traveler shall be required to enter mandatory quarantine with an electronic tracking bracelet until a negative PCR test result is received. However, in cases of a positive PCR test result, the passenger shall be required to undergo mandatory health isolation for ten (10) days starting from the test date. Except that passengers who have recovered from COVID-19 but tested positive on arrival are exempted from health isolation providing they are able to submit proof that they have completed the prescribed isolation period in the country where they were infected before traveling to the Sultanate.
- Omani citizens and their families and non-Omanis working in the Sultanate in public or private units(families of non-Omani are not included) and with valid residency who are not vaccinated are allowed to return to the Sultanate and subject to the health requirements issued before 1 st of September 2021. Non-Omani will go to institutional Quarantine for 07 days for which they need hotel reservation.
- Before boarding the aircraft, all passengers arriving at the Sultanate, are required to complete pre-registration via (https://covid19.emushrif.om/) and to upload the vaccine certificate as well as the COVID-19 PCR certificate, both containing QR Codes. If the passenger prefers to conduct the COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival, the passenger shall pay the prescribed fees ( OMR:25) when registering via (https://covid19.emushrif.om/) platform before boarding the aircraft.
- Arriving passengers aged 18 and less are exempted from the requirements of the vaccine and the COVID-19 PCR test. Passengers with health conditions that prevent them from receiving the vaccine according to an approved medical certificate are also exempted from presenting vaccine certificates.
- Arriving passengers shall have international health insurance covering the cost of treatment for COVID-19 for a period of at least one month is mandatory except for Omani citizens.
- Diplomats working in the foreign diplomatic missions accredited to the Sultanate and visitor diplomats are exempted from the registration in (https://covid19.emushrif.om/) and from the COVID-19 PCR test.
- Aircrews are subject to the precautionary measures for COVID-19 issued by the Ministry of Health.
15. TRAVELLING TO QATAR
The Ministry of Public Health announced that it has been decided to implement new procedures to ensure the continued facilitation of the entry process into the State of Qatar through its air, land and seaports for travelers who have completed vaccination against the Corona virus (Covid-19) with vaccines approved by the Ministry of Public Health in the State of Qatar, as of the date of 12 July 2021.
A new precautionary measure will be applied to citizens of Qatar, residents and visitors, which have been developed with the aim of making the travel experience easy and safe while preserving public health in the country and the measures previously taken to limit the spread of the Coronavirus (Covid-19).
Passengers coming to the State of Qatar from all Airports, ports will also have to preregister on the "Ehteraz" website (WWW.EHTERAZ.GOV.QA) and attach all the required documents before arriving in the State of Qatar for a period of no less than 12 hours. (Mandatory effective 12th July, 2021)
- If EHTERAZ (Application for Advance Registration) is under process and approval is pending or not received, Airline will not board the passenger. Mandatory, all passengers must register online via (WWW.EHTERAZ.GOV.QA), at least 12 Hrs, and upload the required official documents before the arrival in the state of Qatar.
- Passengers must in possession of a TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION Printout, which is required to be presented to the airline ground staff at the point of origin to be allowed to enter to Qatar.
- All Terminating Passengers are required to install and activate the EHTERAZ smart phone application. Check-in agent shall ensure at the time of check-in the documents. Note passengers without EHTERAZ smart phone application must be offloaded at the origin station.
- If passengers boarded from the origin without Pre-EHTERAZ registration and approval, passengers will be fined.
- The previous issued EEPs (Re-entry & Entry Permits) stand invalid and canceled effective 12-July, 2021.
Citizens, residents and visitors who have completed vaccination with vaccines approved by the Ministry of Public Health in the State of Qatar when traveling to the State of Qatar, will need to conduct a PCR test at a health center approved by the Ministry of Health in the country from which they are coming. The certificate shall be valid for (72) hours upon their arrival in the State of Qatar. Note that this procedure applies to all citizens and residents who are not vaccinated.
Un-vaccinated travelers, vaccinated with other vaccines not recognized in the State of Qatar, and those who fall short of the 14 days vaccine administration period since the second dose:
- Passengers will be subject to quarantine for a period depending on the country classification you travel from. Passenger will need to book a hotel package through Discover Qatar if you are coming from Red countries (Pakistan) (10 days).
- In the case of children accompanying their parents, where the parents had fulfilled all the vaccination requirements, still the children need to undergo hotel quarantine for 7 days to be booked through Discover Qatar and to be accompanied by one of their parents.
The new procedures also included classification lists for countries of arrival (green, yellow, red) copy attached, and a quarantine policy for each classification applied to travelers coming to the State of Qatar.
Lists of approved/conditionally approved vaccines by the Ministry of Public Health-Qatar:
- Pfizer/Biontech Vaccine (Comernate)
- Moderna Vaccine (Spikefax)
- AstraZeneca vaccines (Coveshield / Oxford / Vaxepheria)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson Vaccine (One Dose)
For further details please refer to https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/travel-and-return-policy/Pages/default.aspx
Prior to boarding a flight for Doha, passengers must hold the following documents:
1) Passport (with 06 months validity)
2) Qatar Residence Card
3) Exceptional Entry Permit. An application for an entry permit can be submitted through the Qatar portal website. (Validity of entry permit is one month from the date of issuance. After expiry a new application can be submitted)
4) Ehteraz app downloaded on their smartphones.
5) Health Assessment Form for Returning Travelers (to be completed before arrival in Qatar)
7) Reservation in any of the designated/approved hotels for quarantine in Qatar. To confirm the approved hotel booking, please visit the Discover Qatar website.
(Exemptions for hotel quarantine who can self-quarantine at home: https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/Pages/Countries-Classified-Low-Risk-of-COVID-19.aspx)
8) PCR test certificate copy. The test must be conducted within 72 hours before flight departure. List of acceptable labs with barcodes clicks here. Passengers must carry 02 printed copies of the COVID-19 test certificate (SMS, Whatsapp / digital certificates are not acceptable). Passengers ensure that the lab certificate must have details e.g. Destination, Test Type, Report Validity and the same bears the stamp or signature.
Children below the age of 12 years and infants who are traveling with the family members are exempt from PCR test, if their parents test negative and are fit to travel as per Qatar's Ministry of Public Health directions.
9) Polio vaccination certificate.
Passengers may be subjected to a COVID-19 test upon arrival at Doha airport. For more information regarding self-quarantine or hotel quarantine please refer to the Ministry of Public Health website https://covid19.moph.gov.qa
16. TRAVELLING TO SAUDI ARABIA
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has allowed the following categories of passengers to travel to KSA:
- Kingdom’s resident permit holders who have received two doses of covid-19 vaccine inside the kingdom before their departure from the kingdom now can directly travel to the Kingdom provided they comply with all other precautionary measures and health requirements in the kingdom.
Following Condition to fulfill
- Download and register on (SEHATY ONLINE MOH APP-KSA) which reflects that two doses of covid-19 vaccination received from KSA, available on Google and Apple play store.
- Download Tawakkalna apps from Google/ Apple playstore, and must register within 8 hrs of arrival in KSA.
- As per the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) guideline, all the immunized (vaccinated) travelers arriving at the Kingdom must fill out "The Registration Immunization Information Form" on https://muqeem.sa/#/vaccine-registration/home
- Have negative PCR test result, test taken within 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight. Passengers will not be allowed to board otherwise. Children below 8 years of age are exempted.
- Passengers should bring in 02 copies of PCR Test reports which will be verified by Check-In staff and will keep the report for the record.
- Provide a vaccination certificate registered in Saudi Arabia through the "Arrival Platform".
- Must comply with all precautionary measures applied in Kingdom to avoid penalties.
- Non-Immune Diplomats and their families and companions (who are under 18): Must comply with Home quarantine for (5) days and (PCR) test on the 5th day.
- Non-Immune Health practitioners and their families only.
- Health practitioners Working in Government sectors: (Must comply with Home quarantine for (5) days with (2) PCR tests, one within (24) hours and another on the 5th day). The 13 Healthgovernment entities details are given below;
i) Ministry of Health
ii) Ministry of National Guard - Health Affairs
iii) Ministry of Education
iv) Armed Forces Medical Services
v) MOI Medical Services
vi) King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre
vii) General Intelligence Presidency
viii) Presidency of State Security.
ix) Royal Clinic
x) Saudi Aramcoxi) Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu
xii) General Sport Authority
xiii) Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development.
B) Health Practitioner Working in Private sectors: Must comply with Institutional quarantine for (5) days with PCR tests, one within (24) hours and another on the 5th day). The Institutional Quarantine facility can be booked through any of the below PIA approved service providers in KSA.
NOTE: Negative PCR test result for all above categories taken within 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight is mandatory. Passengers will not be allowed to board otherwise. Children below 8 years of age are exempted. List of approved labs for PCR test.
The Institutional quarantine booking paper must have a QR / BAR Code for ON-LINE verification at PIA Check-in Counter prior to the issuance of a boarding card.
17. TRAVELLING TO SYRIA
- Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued at most 96 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. This does not apply to passengers younger than 12 years.
- Passengers are subject to a COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival. This does not apply to passengers younger than 12 years.
- A completed "Passenger Locator Form" (PLF) must be presented upon arrival.
- Test results of Labs, acceptable for UAE/Gulf, will also be acceptable for Syria.
18. TRAVELLING TO THE UAE
All Valid UAE Visa holders can travel to DXB
- Residence Visa (stamped on Passport – Return approval Required)
- New Issued Visa (Employment, Residence)
- Tourist/Visit Visa (Short Stay/Long Stay)
Dubai Residence Visa holder can take GDRFA approval https://smart.gdrfad.gov.ae/Smart_OTCServicesPortal/ReturnPermitService.aspx
Other UAE Residence visa holder can take ICA approval
https://uaeentry.ica.gov.ae (Only Green Status acceptable)
Fill below form and get a QR code before Departure https://smartservices.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/guest/index.html#/registerArrivals
All Valid UAE Visa holders can travel to SHJ & RKT with Complete Vaccination (one of the WHO approved Vaccines)
- Residence Visa (stamped on Passport – Return approval required)
- New Issued Visa (Employment, Residence)
- Tourist/Visit Visa (Short Stay/Long Stay)
Other Emirates Residence visa holders can take ICA approval
https://uaeentry.ica.gov.ae (Only Green Status acceptable)
Dubai Residence Visa holder can take GDRFA approval https://smart.gdrfad.gov.ae/Smart_OTCServicesPortal/ReturnPermitService.aspx
GDRFA or ICA Approval is not required for Travelers on Tourists, Transit & Newly Issued Visas
Following Categories are also allowed to enter SHJ/RKT without Vaccination but Valid UAE Residents Visa:
i. Medical staff
ii. Staff in the educational sector
iii. Humanitarian cases (family reunion)
iv. UAE Federal and local government employees
vi. Undergo Medical Treatment
Protector Required for Newly Issued Employment Visas Valid Return/Onward Ticket Required for Tourist Visas
PCR Test Requirement:
Negative Covid-19 Test (RT-PCR) Report 48 hours prior to Departure issued from approved Labs with QR code.
RAPID PCR Test Requirement:
RAPID PCR test conducted within 06 Hours before Departure, This facility is now available with approved labs at All Airports in Pakistan.
- Passengers should Report at Airport 07 hours prior to Departure for the RAPID PCR Test
- Undergo a PCR test at the arriving airport.
- Vaccination required for 12 Years and above (Not Required for Children Studying in UAE).
- PCR Not Required for Children below 12 Years.
- On Arrival Visa: Eligible Passengers for Visa on Arrival can Travel to UAE (Tourist Visa & PCRs Conditions apply)
Valid UAE Visa Holder
(Employment Visa, Short/Long Stay Visas, Visit Visa & Residence Visa newly issued)
Fully Vaccinated (one of the WHO Approved Vaccines)
RESIDENCE & NEW VISAS ISSUED FROM OTHER EMIRATES CAN ENTER AUH & AAN.
ABU DHABI VISA – ICA APPROVAL
Snapshot of GREEN Status with the date of upload later
Return Permit for Residence outside UAE
OTHER EMIRATES VISA – GDRFA APPROVAL
Following categories are also allowed to enter AUH &AAN without vaccination but valid UAE residence visa.
- Medical Staff
- Staff in the educational sector
- Humanitarian cases (family reunion)
- UAE federal and local government employees
- Undergo medical treatment in UAE
PCR test within 48 hours validity from the authorized lab with QR code
After the test result, upload the below documents on:
- Passport Copy and Visa Page
- Emirates ID (Front & Back)
- Vaccination Certificate
- PCR Negative Report
- Snapshot of Green Status
PERFORM RAPID PCR TEST WITHIN 06 HOURS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
Passengers should report first at Lab Facility for sample collection at Airport
THEN PROCEED TO THE CHECK-IN COUNTER
STAFF SHOULD PROPERLY CHECK
Above ICA approval (Residence Visa), vaccination and both PCR reports.
PCR TEST UPON ARRIVAL.
QUARANTINE WILL BE ADVISED BY THE UAE AUTHORITIES UPON ARRIVALS
19. TRAVELLING TO THE UK
UK Gov Current Travel Advisory, All passengers must follow the advisory.
Visitors traveling ex-Pakistan will be banned except below visa categories:
- British National
- Irish National
- Third Country nationals with residence rights in the UK (including long-term visa holders).
- Negative COVID test report. taken within 3 days (72hrs) before departure from Pakistan. More information here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england
- (There is a fine of GBP500 if the test result is not present). List of acceptable labs with barcodes clicks here. Passengers must carry 02 printed copies of the COVID-19 test certificate (SMS, WhatsApp / digital certificates are not acceptable). Passengers ensure that the lab certificate must-have details e.g. Destination, Test Type, Report Validity, and the same bears the stamp or signature.
- book a quarantine hotel package before traveling to England, including 2 COVID-19 tests (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/booking-and-staying-in-a-quarantine-hotel-when-you-arrive-in-england)
Passenger contact details and address where they will self-isolate/quarantine in the UK to be provided in PNR/booking reference. More information https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk.
- Public Health Passenger Locator Form to be completed at least 48 hours prior to arrival in the UK. Application form available https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk
After Arrival in UK:
After arrival in the UK from Pakistan, passengers must stay in Govt approved hotels for quarantine for 10 days quarantine period and take a COVID-19 test on day 2 and day 8. The hotels will be pre-booked before the departure of the flight.
On arrival in England, PAX must: quarantine in a managed hotel, including 2 COVID-19 tests (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/bookingand-staying-in-a-quarantine-hotel-when-you-arrive-in-england)
20. TRAVELLING TO EUROPE
NOTE: In view of EASA restrictions PIA has suspended its regular flight operations to UK and Europe. Steps are being taken to either directly restore operations or commence operations with a partner airline.
Updates on travel restrictions and other rules from/to Pakistan due to COVID-19 outbreak can be found here: Travel Updates and Information
Other countries' travel advisories can be found here: Travel Advisories - IATA Travel Centre
21. DOMESTIC TRAVELLING
As per Pakistan CAA Advisory Effective August 01, 2021;
1) COVID vaccination is mandatory for domestic air travel for passengers of 18 years and above age.
2) Passengers will have to present the NADRA vaccination certificate at the time of Check-in at the airport, downloaded from https://nims.nadra.gov.pk/nims.
3) The partially vaccinated / first dose have to show NADRA SMS from 1166 or partially vaccinated card downloaded from https://nims.nadra.gov.pk/nims
4) Following categories of passengers are exempted from this restriction;
- A) Passenger below the age of 18 years.
- B) Foreign Nationals.
- C) Pakistani Nationals having documentary proof of vaccination abroad.
- D) Patients who are clinically advised against vaccination due to risk of reaction.
5) International passenger traveling arriving in or departing from Pakistan and having connected domestic flights within 72hrs of arrival or departure respectively.
TRAVELLING TO GILGIT BALTISTAN
Additionally, follow PCAA Advisory
Approved NIH LAB's details with Bar code Click Here